Welcome! This is our first year home schooling. This blog is our day to day journey....This is also a Christian Home Schooling blog. The curriculum that is being used is Easy Peasy All in One Home School Curriculum.
Monday, September 9, 2013
Week Three
I am typing this first..while I figure out a name for this blog post..lol
We finished up last week with letter "G" and "H". We also did our usual run to the library on Friday. I love working on reading with Rayanne. Teaching her how to read was one of my fears..but turns out it is one of my favorite things out of home schooling.
Last week I also started cleaning and arranging the basement and converting a section of it into a school area. Jim and I brought their school desks down there. Both Rayanne and Hunter are anxious to do school down there.
We are now in week 3. I have implemented Grade 1 curriculum for Rayanne. I switched out the reading though...day one was a success. I am happy..she seemed to be even happier...more stuff for her to do and more of a challenge. Rayanne did a rhyming work sheet, we read a poem together and found rhyming words, she did her reading, and we also read together and she had to tell me about the story, Math was easy..count to 20..but in the up coming days..we start to work on even and odds, counting to 100...which I think she already know a bit from last year..so it still may be a bit of review..but at least we are doing 1st grade work.There is also a few other subjects that have to be implemented...So I am going to have to sit down and figure out a weekly schedule on what days we are going to do what subjects.
Hunter is still working on learning her letters. So far she has known them except for the letter "G". This week we are on Letter "I" and "J". Hunter is learning to write the letter too.
Our activities start this week..Awana on Tuesday and WINGS on Wednesday afternoons through the home school group.
Well..I suppose that is it for this blog post...I wish it was more interesting and had pictures..but for now this will have to do...Again..if you have any comments or suggestions please feel free to leave them. Oh..and I didn't think of anything creative to name this post...so..it is named Week 3 :-(
God's Blessing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment