Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Week 2

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. We didn't do much. We had 2 wonderful families over on Saturday for a fire and smores. They are also home school families and our kids have become fast friends over the last year.

On the home school front....It was bitter sweet yesterday seeing all of the first day of school photos of friends kiddos..But I quickly snapped out of it and stuck to the fact that I am doing the right thing for my kiddos. Also, yesterday I scored two really nice school desks from a local parochial school that down sized because of low enrollment..I paid $2 a piece. I can't wait to get started on cleaning up my basement and making an area for school. We will have two computers and the two desks and some selves..and a desk for me to start with..over time I am sure stuff will be added.

I also joined a local home school group and signed up for classes that are through the group but held at one of our local YMCAs. The classes start next week Wednesday. Awana also starts next week Tuesday. I am pretty happy with the activities that I have set up for the kids...Between schooling, field trips, library, Awana, and the classes at the YMCA..we will be pretty busy.

On Tuesday we started with the letter "G" and worked on "G" today. We will be moving onto letter "H" tomorrow and Friday..No review day this week because of it being a short week. Also, heading to the library on Friday. I am working on some changes to the curriculum..adding some more challenging stuff for Rayanne..since I am finding out that she can handle harder stuff.

Today while working with the girls while Silas slept..I really was loving teaching them. I felt like I connected with them on a whole different level...seeing it in their eyes that they were learning and I was the one teaching them was an awesome feeling.

Well...I guess that is it for now. It is the hubby's bday, so I am going to go and spend time with him..since he worked late tonight. I hope to update previous blog posts with pictures.

Good Night all and God Bless..please feel free to leave comments..I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment