Hunter did the letter "F" on Wednesday and Thursday. She knows the letters A-F so far. Rayanne is concentrating on reading for now.
Today, we went to the library and picked up books for next week. They coordinate with the letter that we are doing... the letter "G" and "H". We are going to read about horses and goats. We then came home and at lunch. After Silas laid down, the girls and I made Dirt Pudding..recipe is at then of this entry. They had fun filling the cups with layers of oreo cookie and pudding mix. This activity was to be part of letter review for letter "D".
On a personal note..I hope I am doing everything right. Over all the week went really well and I have figured out things that work and got more organized. It just feels really weird because kids go to school for 8 hours a day, and being raised going to public school...I feel like I am not spending enough time doing school work. But everything I read says that I am pretty on course with how much time it takes.I am so glad I am doing this. I really enjoy seeing my kiddos learn...they love doing school.
Goals:
~ To finish by Memorial weekend
~ To school Mon-Thurs, with Friday being a fun (Educational of course) day and library day..
~ Have more creative ways to teach
Well..can't think of much more to write..HAVE A BLESSED LABOR DAY WEEKEND!
Dirt Pudding
1 pkg Oreo cookies
1 8oz pkg Cream Cheese
1 8oz Cool Whip
2 3.5 oz Instant Vanilla Pudding
1/4 Cup butter
2/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
Gummy Worms
Mash cookies to dirt size cumbs and set aside.
Cream butter (Crisco), cream cheese and sugar.
Mix Pudding per instructions on box.
Fold butter mixture into pudding - fold in cool whip.
Layer Oreo dirt & Mixture.
Gummy worms on top or throughout whatever you want to do.
1 8oz pkg Cream Cheese
1 8oz Cool Whip
2 3.5 oz Instant Vanilla Pudding
1/4 Cup butter
2/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
Gummy Worms
Mash cookies to dirt size cumbs and set aside.
Cream butter (Crisco), cream cheese and sugar.
Mix Pudding per instructions on box.
Fold butter mixture into pudding - fold in cool whip.
Layer Oreo dirt & Mixture.
Gummy worms on top or throughout whatever you want to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment