Friday, August 23, 2013

Getting Back in the Groove

Well...It has been really busy this last month and I did get off track from schooling. I was up north with the kids and had no internet connection..ok.... so I lied..I had my data plan but was on restriction. We have been home for a few weeks and are now in the swing of things. I am now working on getting the curriculum ready and doing a major purge of all the clutter in the house. I want to start this year with the least amount of stress and clutter. I am also working on putting together freezer crock pot meals so that I can just pull one out of the freeze and put it into the crock pot and forget about it.

One challenge that I am running into right now is figuring out were Rayanne falls in the curriculum. The first year of Easy Peasy (EP) is actually a grade ahead. Then I tried the Getting Ready 1 at day 172 and that was not enough. She was looking for work sheets to do. Both the kids love doing work sheets. Then I looked at Getting Ready 2. She knows the stuff in GR2..but after carefully thinking about and reaching out for advice..I am going to start her in GR2, a lot of it will be review..but I am sure some where along the line it will get more challenging. I explained to her that it was going to be review and will be easy at first but will get more challenging as we go along...oh and another deciding factor is that GR2 has work sheets but less of them..so she is getting the balance. Hope this make since.

We are "offically" starting on Monday. I have been doing things on and off but will be in a regular schedule on Monday...

God's  Blessing till next time....

P.S...We have also started our daily devotional using Keys for Kids...and Awana starts on Sept 10th

No comments:

Post a Comment